- What is naturopathy?
- What are the principles that guide naturopathy?
- What are the benefits and limitations of naturopathy?
- I feel constantly tired, what can I do?
- I have never been to a naturopath, what should I expect?
- Is naturopathy covered by health insurance?
- Are herbs safe?
- How long can I take herbs for?
- What is the history of naturopathy?
- What is the difference between homeopathy and naturopathy?
- How does naturopathy fit in with modern medicine?
- Where did natural and alternative medicine originate?
‘Homoios pathos’ = like is cured by like.
Homeopathy is an alternative method of treatment based on natures law that like is cured by like. This law was discovered by Dr Samuel Hahnemann in 1796. The remedies are prepared from substances to precise standards and then potentised, leaving a miniscule or undetectable amount of the original substance in the medicine. The remedies work by stimulating the body’s own healing power, therefore they do not cure but rather the body cures itself, the remedy just sets it on the right path. Healing from within, it is quick, safe and effective with minimal side effects.